Thank you for taking the time to browse through the Paws with Mel website. My name is Melanie and several years ago after finding myself redundant after teaching art and design for 25 years I decided to retrain to become a dog groomer. I am completely doggy mad and love everything they stand for especially their madness, fun and the unconditional love they give us. So here I am, finding myself doing the most amazing job, caring for other peoples dogs and making them look and feel truely amazing. I hold a level 3 Diploma in Commercial Dog Grooming, have full public liability insurance and carry a PDSA first aid for dogs certification. I also hold a fully enhanced DBS.
A pick up and drop off service is available should your require it.
Your puppy's first pet grooming session is a most momentous occasion, similar to when a child gets their first haircut. Working with pups requires patience to ensure that your pet has a lifelong positive experience. I will introduce your pet to the salon, keeping things stress free. Initial grooming includes:
Light brush out
Light trim where especially needed, such as around the face
Puppies must have had all of their inocculations.
I believe that pet hygiene should be an affordable. Basic grooms start from £20 and are great for all dogs as a freshen up mid groom or for doggies that don't need clipping but would benefit from a bath.
Treat your dog to a full pampering session, including wash with award winning HOWND Stay Calm shampoo. Blow dry, Style, Ear plucking, eye cleaning, nail trim and soothing nose and paw balm all included in the price. Prices are dependent on dog breed.
Love Hownd products
Cruelty Free, Ethical Pet Care Products
All HOWND pet care products are free from harsh chemicals such as alcohol, parabens, soap and dyes. HOWND pet care products are Leaping Bunny certified by Cruelty Free International, and endorsed by The Ethical Company Organisation and Nature Watch Foundation.
Paws with Mel COVID-19 Operational Procedures
Prior to arrival:
● Client to call and reschedule appointment if they, or a member of their household, are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
● Send procedures, risk assessment and disclaimer to client by email, client to respond before grooming appointment.
● If client doesn't have email I will call the night before appointment to discuss new procedures/send via whatsapp (Paws with Mel) or will mail out forms to be signed. Client to text reply to disclaimer form (07459682333) or post back the forms.
● If client is elderly and has a carer they must also read procedure and risk assessment and sign disclaimer.
● Client to enter the Barn and attach dog to existing hook (sprayed between use).
● Have a discussion at a distance regarding the client's requirements for the groom. Antibacterial gel will be available for client to use when leaving the premises.
● Groomer to put on waterproof apron and facemask and to spray all handles when collecting dog. Groomer removes dog from collar using gloves and salons nylon slip lead.
● Groomer will wash dog before any other grooming takes place. The bath will have been disinfected with Safe4 solution which has been proven in tests to kill Coronavirus at a dilution rate of 1:50
● Groomer will wash salons lead. Wipe door handles and floor of Barn with Safe4 disinfectant solution, Take off waterproof apron wash in soapy water.
● Move the dog to the table.
● Groom dog as per usual.
● Alongside a cologne spritz the dog will have a final spray with Leucillin which is a dog friendly disinfectant that has a topical effectiveness against human coronavirus.
● Call the client to let them know their dog is ready, fix dog to collar and lead using gloves in the entrance of barn. Client will need to ring the doorbell upon collection.
● If client is paying with cash they are to leave it on the counter (I will pick it up using a bag and remove it to be disinfected). If paying by card machine the card machine will be left on the counter and I will stand at a 2m distance. Card machine will be bleached after use and client asked to sanitise hands before and after use. If paying by invoice I will need your email.
● Standing at a 2m distance the next appointment will be arranged. Clients to use hand gel upon closing porch door. Groomer to spray all handles and fixings.
● Return to groom room and bathroom and spray surfaces and floor with Safe4. Clean bath with Safe4 disinfectant solution.
● Await next client.
I have read and will abide by the following procedures and understand that I bring my dog at my own risk to be groomed at Paws with Mel. (By typing your name below, it is taken that you are signing this consent form)